Welcome to Our Summer Chapel...
was built in 1889 as a community church on land donated by
Frederick W. Downer, the founder of Mantoloking, a Presbyterian.
The church became an Episcopal Church because the first minister
was an Episcopalian. It originally had one tower and seated
80 people. It is believed to be a copy of a Norwegian fishermen’s
church. The church was enlarged to its present size, seating
150 people, in 1897. The church is a summer chapel opening
mid-June and closing after Labor Day. Various visiting clergy
conduct services on Sundays – 8:00 AM Holy Eucharist,
9:30 AM Family Service (Holy Eucharist 1st Sunday of the Month.) Our current annual appeal letter can be found here.
About The 2009 Juried Photo Exhibition & Silent
Auction to Benefit St. Simon-by-the-Sea